Remembering Rural Aid in your will is a wonderful gift and is one that will change the lives of others. Planning for the future is important and your decision to leave a bequest is an enduring investment that can be directed to a range of vital rural programs and initiatives.
We are grateful and humbled by those who wish to leave a legacy to rural Australia through our organisation, no matter the size or amount they are able to give. We rely on the power of individuals giving together to help us and we hope to be able to count you among our wonderful bequestors.
We have a bequest pledge form to look at which is an excellent non-binding way for us to plan for the future
We also have a downloadable bequest booklet to peruse and find out a little bit more general information about our fantastic programs we provide to rural communities. The booklet also has a pledge form for your perusal
What can I bequeath?
A bequest to Rural Aid can come in a number of forms:
- A specific sum of money or nominated asset such as a house or other land, shares and other investments, life insurance, works of art, jewellery or other valuables.
- A bequest of your entire estate, or percentage of your entire estate (after all debts and expenses have been paid).
- A life insurance or superannuation policy.
- A residual bequest, or a specified share or percentage of your residuary estate, after all debts and expenses have been paid, and other gifts distributed.
- Your property, (such as a house) can pass to Rural Aid after having been used or occupied by a primary beneficiary during their lifetime. Buy a Bale would receive this only after a specified period or after the nominated person has passed.
How do I do this?
If you wish to give a bequest to Rural Aid, please ensure you use our advised will wording. While the exact Will wording will depend on the type of bequest you wish to make, our advised format will ensure there is no confusion regarding the recipient of your bequest and the way in which funds will be used (helping rural Australians). We recommend having a lawyer review your will.
“I …………………………………… devise and bequeath free of all duties…………………… (amount/percentage or share/residue or assets to be gifted) to Rural Aid (ACN: 605783597) of Po Box 1342, Sunnybank Hills, Queensland 4109. My bequest is to be used for the general purposes of Rural Aid. I direct that the receipt of any director or other proper officer for the time being of Rural Aid will be a sufficient discharge to my Trustees.”
Once your will is updated please consider advising your executors and Rural Aid of your intentions to donate to our charity.
Our friendly staff from our bequest team will answer any questions you may have and would love to hear from you. Feel free to give them a call on 1300 327 624