Rural Aid’s assistance for primary producers includes:

Counselling and Wellbeing

Rural Aid offers free, confidential counselling to farmers and their family. They conduct counselling at the place that best suits, on farm, in town or over the phone. Rural Aid counsellors are professionally trained to help support people navigate all kinds of life challenges but come with an understanding of the unique needs of rural people.

Counselling Intake Line – 1300 175 594

Rural Aid’s dedicated counselling intake line is staffed Monday to Friday 9-4pm AEDST.

Farmers, farming family members and farm workers can all contact this number to gain information about counselling, gain support and complete our intake process to be linked in with a counsellor.

All services are free and the person does not have to be a primary producer. Farmers are supported with practical strategies to help them get back on track.

Financial Assistance

Rural Aid assists farmers facing various disasters, right across Australia.

If you have been impacted by a declared natural disaster, please go to click below for more information and to complete the online application form.


Rural Aid is currently processing a large volume of hay requests from across the country. We thank you for your patience while we work through these requests.

Rural Aid sources and delivers fodder for primary producers when there is a localised need for assistance. Please contact us for more information.

Domestic Water

Rural Aid is currently processing a large volume of domestic water requests. We thank you for your patience while we work through these requests.

Rural Aid coordinates domestic water deliveries to farmers in need of household water.

Rural Aid uses local water caters to deliver a load of potable water to your house tank. We can work with your preferred water carter, or we can find a local licenced carter for you.

Please note: registered farmers can request a load of domestic water once every four months.

Financial Assistance

Rural Aid provides a one-off $1000 payment to farmers to assist them with bills and living expenses. Complete a simple online application form

Pre-Paid Visa Cards

Rural Aid can also provide pre-paid Visa cards to eligible farmers for use in their local communities.

Farm Army Volunteers

Rural Aid offers a job-posting platform called Farm Army that connects volunteers with farmers who need an extra set of hands.

Domestic Water Tanks

The domestic water tank initiative for May 2024 is now closed. To hear about the next application time, keep an eye on the Farmer Newsletter.

For information on Rural Aid’s range of services, visit our Services Page or call the team on 1300 327 624.

Multikraft Probiotic Solutions

Are you in Gunnedah and interested in trialling Multikraft Probiotic Solutions? Complete the form to put your name on the list

Farm Army

The Farm Army is a job posting platform for farmers and workers or volunteers. Farmers can post a variety of jobs on a volunteer or paid basis. They can also offer positions on a contra basis, where applicants work in exchange for meals and/or accommodation. Rural Aid provides the platform where farmers list jobs, but is not involved in the applicant selection process.

Rural Aid community representatives

To find out where our Rural Aid community representatives are

Educational Resources

Rural Aid runs a series of Live Chats where rural ‘community builders’ share knowledge of the ways their region is thriving.

At Rural Aid, we champion sustainable and resilient agriculture, collaborating with farmers and stakeholders to prioritise locally informed practices. If you would like to learn more about receiving a rebate for an approved course, check out: Educational Funding

Other Support

Rural Aid can also help with specific support measures to meet primary producers’ individual needs. These are measured on a case-by-case basis.

What information will you need to receive assistance with Rural Aid?

  • Primary Producer Declaration (within the last 12 months)
  • Current ABN in your name
  • Current PIC Number (where applicable) in your name