Are you a primary producer who’s been affected by the current flooding and rain events in Northern Central Queensland? If so, you may be eligible for a $500 pre-paid Visa from Rural Aid. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully to make sure you are eligible and then fill in the short form below to apply.

(NB applications are now open until June 15th, 2023 or until funding is exhausted)

You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this financial assistance

To receive this payment, you must be:

  1. A primary producer.
  2. Registered as a farmer with Rural Aid.
    If you are not already registered with Rural Aid, please register HERE. Once you have registered, please finalise your flood assistance application.
  3. Have a current ABN.
  4. You haven’t already received this Flood Recovery Financial Assistance (only one lot of assistance is available per ABN).
  5. Be in a flood-affected area from 1st of March 2023 on the following Local Government Areas: Barcaldine, Barcoo, Boulia, Burke, Carpentaria, Cloncurry, Croydon, Diamantina, Flinders, Mt Isa, McKinlay, Richmond and Winton.
  6. Have had significant flood impact to your property or person.

Examples of significant damage to your property can include:

  • it’s been destroyed or must be demolished
  • it’s been declared structurally unsound
  • the flood has caused major damage to the interior
  • the flood has exposed the interior to the elements
  • sewage has contaminated the interior
  • the flood has significantly damaged a major asset or assets you own at your property.

Please note, for this payment:

  • Your property is defined as your principal place of residence is the main place where you have a right or license to normally live. It doesn’t include holiday homes or investment properties.
  • A major asset is an asset or assets with a combined market value of $20,000 or more. For example, this can include buildings, vehicles, caravans, water tanks or large scale machinery.
  • You can’t claim on behalf of a person who has died or their estate.